Friday, October 26, 2007

Gratitude to an educator

This afternoon, I was treated to the joy of being exposed to a true educator. My new friend, Virginia is one heck of a teacher. She has infinite patience laced with firm control and an enormous amount of courage. Why is she courageous? She actually walked me through setting up this blog. I had never even thought that I would be a blogger and the next thing I knew, I had one up and running. She did this long distance - we live on opposite sides of the country. She did it as an act of kindness. "You can never repay the people who do things for you, but what you can do is pass it on to someone else." This is a direct quote from Virginia when I was so grateful to her for the help. You see, other's from our group of fledgling writer's had helped and supported her and this was her way of repaying them. It is that concept of paying it forward that was put into action. I was the lucky receiver and now I can hardly wait to get my chance at helping and encouraging someone else in their endeavors.

2 comments:

storyteller said...

Your first post! Congratulations and well done WGASA Woman. I'm proud of you and will check back soon to see how you're doing. Relax and enjoy yourself as you "force nothing and hold nothing back" while starting The WGASA Revolution. Count ME in!

Anonymous said...

I know this will be fun--congratulations on getting started, wild WGASA Woman!